When I think of Halloumi salad, it immediately reminds me of Israel. You can eat it in every coffee place around the country and I am always looking forward to it, when I am visiting Israel. It is somehow a taste of childhood for me! I remember how my parents often brought me to the coffee place with the best Halloumi salad in Tel Aviv. Well, you know, every childhood taste is very special. These days I decided, that it is a time to make one of my favorite salads at home. It was great and fast, the only thing was really missing is a special Israeli atmosphere, which makes this salad very special!
Halloumi Salad (for 2 portions):
- Halloumi Cheese 70 gm.
- 1 Zucchini
- 3-4 champignons
- Salat ‘corn’ 100 gm
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 mini carrots (or 1 medium carrot)
- olive oil
- 0% fat yogurt
1. Prepare “corn” salat and cut cherry tomatoes into 2 or 4 parts (depending on their size)
2. Cut zucchini and carrots into rounds, fry on olive oil till it is completely ready.
3. Cut mushrooms into 4 parts, fry on olive oil till it is completely ready.
4. Cut Halloumi cheese into small squares, fry for 1 minute on a very hot pan (add a tiny bit of olive oil) till the cheese gets the nice color.
5. Mix all ingredients, add salt and pepper.
For Halloumi Salad dressing:
I use fennel and 0% fat yogurt, salt and pepper. Just cut fennel and mix it with yogurt, add a bit of salt and pepper. Dressing for homemade Halloumi salad is ready. Alternatively, for dressing you can just use olive oil and lemon juice. It is up to your taste!