Passion fruit cheesecake is the best desert ever. The greatest thing about it, that you don’t need to be a professional in baking to make it great. I am using these glass forms, which makes it easy to serve. All your guests would be excited to try light passion fruit cheesecake.
While I am enjoying Italian cuisine in the Northern part of Italy, you could try one of my favorite homemade deserts.
Ingredients for 8 mini passion fruit cheesecakes
- 100 gr. (melted) butter
- 15 biscuits (digestive)
- 1 table spoon of sugar
- pinch of ground ginger and salt
- 200 gr. Philadelphia(light) cream cheese
- 200 gr. greek yogurt (fat free)
- 2 table spoons of passion fruit juice
- 60 gr. heavy cream (used 12% fat)
- 1.5 teaspoons of powdered gelatine
- 3 table spoons of sugar
- vanilla extract
Passion fruit topping:
- 4 passion fruits
- 1.5 tea spoon of powdered gelatine
First layer (baked biscuits)
1.Crumb cookies, add sugar, ginger and salt. Mix together.
2. Melt butter and to the cookie mixture.
3. Use the glass or any baking form, which you can later serve. Press down the biscuit mixture to create a layer.
4. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
5. Bake the 1st layer for 10 mins. Let it cool down completely.
Second layer (cheesecake base)
1. Mix the greek yogurt and passion fruit juice in the food processor until mixed completely.
2.Heat the heavy cream till it is warm (not boiling). Add the powdered gelatine and mix till it is completely dissolved. Set aside.
3. Mix with hand mixer Philadelphia cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until fluffy.
4. Add heavy cream mixture and yogurt, whisk together until completely incorporated.
5. Distribute the ready cream to the forms, refrigerate for 5-7 hours.
Third layer (passion fruit topping)
1. Juice the passion fruits, separate from seeds.
2. Heat the passion fruit juice in the saucepan. Add powdered gelatine and mix till it is completely dissolved.
3. Place several seeds on top of the cream layer, add 1.5 table spoons of passion fruit mixture.
4. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours until it is set.
And here we go, ready to serve perfect passion fruit cheesecake.