Pasta Bolognese recipe is something, which every household needs to have! Everyone has his own special secrets and way of cooking it. It is a perfect, simple dish for friends and family.
Well, the only tricky part of pasta Bolognese recipe is tomato sauce, you need to get a special thick consistency, otherwise, instead of pasta with tomato sauce, you will get a tomato soup with some pasta. So, better to try first on your family members and then you are ready to introduce pasta Bolognese recipe to your friends.
My recipe is super straight forward with just a few must-have ingredients!
Ingredients (Pasta Bolognese Recipe for 5-6 portions):
- 1 large onion, cut into small dice
- 800g diced tomatoes
- 50 g sweet pepper, cut into dice
- 50g tomato paste
- 500g beef mince
- 1 clove garlic
- 350g spaghetti
- fresh basil leaves (20 leaves)
- dried oregano
- olive oil
- grated parmigiano regano
1. In a large pan heat (on a medium-high heat) olive oil. Cook onion, garlic for a few minutes, until onions are getting a light golden color, add sweet pepper, cook for 2-3 minutes, add beef mince and cook till the meat is browned. While cooking break up mince into smaller peaces, so there are no big meat balls inside.
2. In a saucepan mix tomato paste, diced tomatoes, chopped basil leaves, oregano(tea spoon), salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and cook on low heat for around 30 minutes, until the sauce is thick.
3. Cook pasta in a salted water, adding one table spoon of olive oil. Cook pasta “al-dente” by following instructions on the package. Drain.
4. Add mince with onions to the saucepan with tomato sauce, cook for 5 minutes on a low heat. 5. Prepare plates with spaghetti. Top pasta with Bolognese sauce and parmigiano regano. and enjoy the homemade pasta Bolognese!